Saturday, September 6, 2008

Tiger - Shining in the Wood EP

From 2000-2003 I lived with a couple friends in their big old house in the Lawrenceville neighborhood of Pittsburgh.  One of them really loved this CD.  I got it onto my hard drive pretty soon after I heard it.  It's an EP released in America by Bar/None records, featuring the "Shining in the Wood" British single plus the B-sides from two other British-only singles.  

Judging by the dearth of information online, it seems like this is just one more band of which find memories live on among the relative few. That's too bad.  Anyone who enjoyed the Pixies' guitar buzz, the retro-analog groove of Stereolab, and th' faith healers' poppy streak probably would have been ga-ga about Tiger.  

I haven't found anything else in the blogopolis, so if you have some other Tiger records please share the wealth, eh?  

2 comments:

Dan said...

Mr Panzan-
I've also been looking far and wide for more tracks by this wonderful band,not a thing has been found other than this record that I jammed down your throat when you were living with us. If you do find anything else please send me an alert.

Danimal

Dan said...

look at what I found,

here's the one and only full length:
http://rapidshare.com/files/75019587/Tiger_-_We_Are_Puppets.rar