Monday, September 29, 2008

Gapeseed - Project 64

I used to gobble up stuff like this as fast as people could put it out.  Angular, dissonant rock with equal parts chaos and melody.  Maybe a cross between Sonic Youth and Beefheart.  Polvo was the obvious leader of that pack, but Gapeseed deserves mention as well.  

Legacy?  As I've written before about other records on this blog, web searches turn up only the most rudimentary information about Gapeseed.  For what it's worth, I don't plan to throw this CD into my sell pile anytime soon.  Then again, demand for regionally obscure indie noise-pop is unusually low right now.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi from Russia.
I was looking for such items like Timber and Gapeseed for long.
I`m really bored with conventional USA punk-pop. Thx a lottt

Stathis said...

Hi,

can you please repost this LP?

Thank you very much

Efstathiou Stathis