Saturday, September 27, 2008

Death of Samantha - Come All Ye Faithless / Laughing in the Face of a Dead Man


I've had these in my queue for a while.  I am putting them up today mostly because of a post earlier this week over at Willfully Obscure.  You can also find the Death of Samantha LP Where the Women Wear the Glory and the Men Wear the Pants over at Feelin' Kinda Froggy.

DoS is hard for me to describe because (1) I wasn't aware of them when they were actually together, and (2) it's impossible for me to ignore their future collective and individual endeavors (Cobra Verde, Gem, GBV).  They were from Cleveland, so it's no crime to hear some Pere Ubu influence.  However, this is definitely closer to straight ahead rawk than Ubu ever was.  

Come All Ye Faithless was their third and final LP.  Some say it's their best.  I say it's best not to choose sides.  Laughing in the Face of a Dead Man is an EP released between their first LP, Strungout on Jargon (which I can upload too if there are no other takers), and Where the Women Wear the Glory...  It has a rippin' cover of "Werewolves of London" as well as my personal favorite DoS song "Yellow Fever."  

4 comments:

gomonkeygo said...

Thank you! One of my favorite bands of all time. Saw Cobra Verde a few years ago - can't recommend them enough if you haven't heard or seen them.

If you can post "Strung Out" I'd appreciate it. I can't transfer vinyl myself.

Thanks again!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the both albums, they are great. But if you could post Strungout On Jargon i'll be eternally grateful. je.

Anonymous said...

Check here for Strungout on Jargon:
http://commercialzone.blogspot.com/2009_08_01_archive.html

Now can you help me find "Where the Women Wear the Glory and the Men Wear the Pants?

Stathis said...

Hello,

can you please re-load "Come All Ye Faithless" LP?
Unfortunately the link is dead.

A friend from Greece

Efstathiou Stathis